Thursday, March 6, 2008

Hurricane Katrina

Enjoyed exploring Flickr. Had a look at photos of Albury City Library museum and Albury Art gallery. There were some amazing photos of the exterior and interior of the new Library Museum and a few historical photos of the Art Gallery. However, I was not able to find any photos of events, such as openings, speakers, or activities. Seems like it would be a great spot to to post photos of these things, would be good publicity for cultural services and a nice way to keep a record of what's been happening.
After I did a search of Albury, I decided to do a search for my hometown, enjoyed looking at familiar landmarks. As I was looking through, I noticed that there were a few photos of my hometown just after hurricane Katrina, so decided to do a search of Hurricane Katrina.
These photos brought up so many emotions...and I was overwhelmed by the number of photos that were listed and by seeing the devistation again. The photo that I decided to post is called Abandoned. It's a photo that was taken in Chalmette, Louisiana by Tampen, of abandoned dogs running down a flooded street. I think the photo speaks for itself.
Here's a link to the photo by Tampen.

Abandoned on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

They are very emotive photos aren't they. Did you know if you sign up to flickr you can embed the photos into your blog?

Keep on blogging.

Leanne