Friday, February 22, 2008

Making the time to learn

This is my first blog entry..how exciting! I can't believe how easy it was to set up. I use computers regularly, mainly just for emailing and for surfing the net. Have heard about different web technology, and read blogs that friends have set up, but have never taken the time to explore them myself.

I am very excited about this course as I think it is a fantastic way to be introduced to what's out there and how it can be used.

I can already see how useful blogging would be for our library. Would be a fantastic way to encourage readers in the community to communicate with one another...make recommendations to one another...and to share ideas.
Would also be a fantastic way for people in the community to give feedback to the library...suggestions for the collection, comments on service, etc etc.
It would be great to have one computer in the library designated for this purpose.

I look forward to reading about what other Libraries are doing and to learning new things.

No comments: